Study in Latvia
Area: 64,589 Square Kilometers.
Population: 1.95 Million (2017)
Official Languages: Latvian and Russian
Date Format: YYYY-MM-DD
Main Cities: Riga, Daugavpils, Liepaja, Jelgava, Jurmala, Ventspils, Rezekne, Jekabpils, Valmirea,
Latvia is a country on the Baltic Sea and between Lithuania and Estonia. Its landscape is marked by wide beaches as well dense forests. Its capital is Riga and it is one of the most famous and center to trade and to do business in Europe. Latvia is bordering with Estonia in the north, Lithuania in the south, the Baltic Sea with the Gulf of Riga in the West, Russia in the east and Belarus in the southeast. Latvia was ruled by Swedish, Polish and Russian so, number of ethics Russians in Latvia.
The Latvian Education System is one of the world’s best education system which consists of pre- school education, basic education, secondary education and higher education. Pre-school form age 5 to 6 years is compulsory in Latvia.
There is academic and professional higher education in Latvia. Most of the institutions of higher education offer both academic and professional higher education qualification. Academic higher education programmes are tended to prepare graduates for independent research as well to provide theoretical background for professional activities. Professional higher education programmes are tended to provide in-depth knowledge in a particular field, preparing graduates for design, or improvement of system, product and technologies as well as to prepare them for creative, teaching and research activities in this field.
Universities and Colleges in Latvia:
|University of Latvia||Art of Academy Latvia|
|Riga Technical University||Baltic International Academy|
|Riga Stradins Univeristy||BA School of Business and Finance|
|Turiba University||Latvia Academy of Sport Education|
|University of Daugavpils||Stockholm School of Economics|
|Ventspils University College||Transport and Telecommunication Institute|
|ISMA Univeristy||Latvian Maritime Academy|
|Riga Graduate School of Law|
|Latvian Business College Riga|
Facts about Latvia:
- Latvia’s internet speeds are among the fastest in the world, averaging 13.8MB/s.
- It is also described as the Paris of the North, nearly 1 in 3 of Latvia’s two million residents lives in the capita, Riga.
- Latvia has 12,000 rivers and 3,000 small lakes.
- Around 54% of Latvia is forest.
- Latvia’s current flag design has been in use since 1280. Only Denmark’s has been around longer.
- Jeans was invented by the tailor Jacob W. Davis who was Latvan.
- Another Riga native, Aleksandrs Laime, was the first recorded human to reach Venezuela’s Angel Falls in 1949.