Area: 7, 69, 20, 24 Square Kilometers.
Population: 25, 428, 100 (2019)
Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
Official Languages: English
Date Format: YYYY-MM-DD
Main Cities: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Victoria, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia,
Australia, after United States and UK, is the third most popular destination for international students in the English-speaking world. Among 43 universities in Australia, 23 are ranked in top 500 in the world which is the reason why more than half a million international students pour into it each year. Another reason for choosing Australia for abroad study can be its culturally diverse environment, friendly native people and obviously, the quality of education. Having 8 states to choose from, students can choose where they want to go and study to shape their future.
According to your study background and preferences, students can choose the path they want to pave. The most popular field of study for the international students are:
- Information Technology
- Business and management
- Health services and rehabilitation
- Hospitality, tourism and personal services courses
- Science courses
Australian education system has impressive international reputation because of which graduates from Australian Universities no doubt achieve the global degree.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018
|Country Rank||Institution||World Rank|
|1||The University of Melbourne||38|
|2||The University of Queensland||55|
|3||University of Sydney||68|
|4||The Australian National University||69|
|6||The University of Western Australia||93|
|7-8||The University of Adelaide||101-150|
|7-8||The University of New South Wales||101-150|
|10-15||James Cook University||201-300|
|10-15||Queensland University of Technology||201-300|
|10-15||University of Tasmania||201-300|
|10-15||University of Wollongong||201-300|
|16-21||La Trobe University||301-400|
|16-21||Swinburne University of Technology||301-400|
|16-21||The University of Newcastle, Australia||301-400|
|16-21||University of Technology Sydney||301-400|
|22-23||University of Western Sydney||401-500|
Intake: February and September
Fees (NPRs): 6 to 13 lacs (Per Semester)
Scholarships: Available for Deserving Students.
Best Courses: Technical Field, Business and Engineering
Fund: Around 45 lacs for single, 55 lacs for dependent
Visa Decisions: 4 – 5 weeks
Embassy Interview: No (College/University may take, sometimes embassy ma also take the interview)
Bio metric: Yes
Travel to India: No
Facts about Australia:
- The average Aussie drink 96 liters of beer per year.
- Highway 1 is the longest national highway in the world which is 14,500 kilometers.
- There are more kangaroos than people.
- Australia has the second highest human development index.
- Melbourne has the largest Greek population outside of Greece.
- There’s a mountain named Mt. Disappointment.
- Australia’s dingo fence is longer than the Great Wall.
- Some of the world’s deadliest animals live here.
- Australia was inhabited for at least 50,000 years before the British come.
- Australia has over 10,000 beaches.
- Australia is the 6th largest country in the world.
- It’s only a country and continent.
- The Australian Alps receive more snow than Switzerland.
- Home of the largest living structure on the earth – the great barrier reff.
- There are 8 sheep for every person.
- There’s a pink lake – Lake Hillier.