Study in Estonia
Area: 45,227 Square Kilometers.
Population: 1.316 Million (2017)
Official Languages: Estonian and Russian
Date Format: YYYY-MM-DD
Main Cities: Tallinn, Tartu, Parnu, Narva, Haapsalu, Rakvere, Keila, Tapa, Elva, Paide, Maardu
Estonia known as the Republic of Estonia officially. Its capital city is Tallinn one of the best city to live in Europe. Estonia is rich in culture and traditions. They have really great history. Estonia is bordering with Gulf of Finland in Southern coast and in the arm of Baltic Sea. Latvia, Russia and shares maritime borders with Finland and Sweden. Estonia is in Eastern part of the Europe. It is a Schengen country. Estonia is a developed country with an advanced, high income economy that has been fastest growing country in the EU. The country ranked very high in human development index and performs favorably in measurements of economic freedom, civil liberties, education and press freedom. Estonia is one of the world’s most digitally advanced societies. In 2005, Estonia became the first state to hold elections over the internet. And in 2014 first country to state to provide e-residency.
The education system is based on four level: pre-school, basic, secondary and higher education. Academic higher education in Estonia is divided into three levels: bachelor’s studies, master’s studies and doctoral studies. The education is free for local people have to pay fees by international students who are not from Europe. But the fees is very low. The oldest university of Estonia is University of Tartu which was established by Swedish king Gustav II Adolf in 1632. The largest public universities are Tartu University, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn University, Estonian University of Life Sciences, Estonian Academy of Arts, Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre and the largest private university is the International University of Audentes.
Recently lots of international students are choosing Estonia as their best destination for higher degree because of its quality education in low tuition fees.
Universities and Colleges in Estonia:
|University of Tartu||Estonian Academy of Music and Theater|
|Tallinn University of Technology||Estonian Business School|
|Estonian University of Life Sciences||Baltic Film and Media School|
|Tallinn University of Applied Sciences||Estonian Academy of Security Sciences|
|Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences||Tartu Health Care College|
|Estonian Aviation Academy|
|Tartu Art College|
|Estonian Information Technology Colleges|
|Tartu Academy of Theology|
|Institute of Economics and Management|
Facts about Estonia:
- Estonia has one of the lowest population densities in the world.
- Estonia is slightly bigger than Denmark and has a coastline fragmented with 1,521 islands.
- Estonian men and women are the third tallest people on Earth.
- One of the biggest meteorites to hit the Earth in the recent history landed in Saaremaa, in what today is the village of Kaali.
- Estonia has the highest number of supermodels per capita.
- Today in this modern Estonia, it is possible to do practically anything online – to pay for parking, to do business, to declare your taxes, to vote, and almost anything else.
- Estonians are world champions in wife carrying, an international sport with a category in the Guinness Book of Records.
- The Estonian language is one of the hardest to learn for a native English speaker.
- Skype was invented in Estonia by Estonian developers, even though the company was owned by Swedes.