Area: 41,543 Square Kilometers.
Population: 17.08 Million (2017)
Official Languages: Dutch & English
Date Format: YYYY-MM-DD
Main Cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht, Eindhoven, Breda, Almere, Groningen, Tilburg
The Netherlands also known as Holland. It lies in northwest of Europe. The European portion of the Netherlands consist of twelve different provinces that border Germany to the east, Belgium in south and North Sea to the northwest. The Netherlands is one of the densely populated country in the world. The word Holland is use to represent the whole Netherlands. Holland or Netherland is very rich in culture.
There are many beautiful beaches. It is famous for tulip, cheese and windmills. The Netherlands is at risk of flooding because there is so much water. If talking about Holiday the most famous holidays are sinterklaas and king’s day.
If talking about education system in Holland, education is compulsory for the children from the age of 5 to 16 but most of the children begin their education at age 4.
Living, studying and working in the Netherlands will be great experience for international students. Lots of students chose Holland as their study destination because of its world class education system. Not only that Holland provide lots of scholarship for international students according to the student ability and study field. International student can apply at universities, private and applied sciences colleges.
Colleges and Universities in Holland/Netherlands
|Universities||Applied Sciences Colleges & Universities|
|University of Amsterdam||Aeres University of Applies Sciences|
|Utrecht University||Amsterdam School of Arts|
|Leiden University||Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences|
|Delft University of Technology||ArtEZ Institute of the Arts|
|University of Groningen||Breda University of Applied Sciences|
|Erasmus University Rotterdam||Business School Netherlands|
|Tilburg University||Design Academy Eindhoven|
|Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam||Fontys University of Applied Sciences|
|Maastricht University||HAN University of Applied Sciences|
|University of Twente||Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen|
|Eindhoven University of Technology||HAS Den Bosch University of Applied Sciences|
|University of Humanistic Studies||Hotel School The Hague|
|University College Utrecht||Saxon University of Applied Sciences|
|Webster University, University of Applied Sciences|
|University of Applied Sciences Leiden|
Intake: February and September
Fees (NPRs): 8 to 15 lacs (Per Year)
Scholarships: Available for Deserving Students.
Best Courses: Technical Field, Business and Engineering
Fund: Around 25 to 30 lacs
Visa Decisions: 4 – 5 weeks
Embassy Interview: No (College/University may take, sometimes embassy ma also take the interview)
Bio metric: Yes
Travel to India: Yes to receive passport
Facts about the Netherlands:
- The Wilhelmus is the oldest national anthem in the world.
- The Netherlands is the world’s healthiest country for diet.
- King Willem Alexander was the first Dutch king in 123 years.
- Dutch men are the tallest in the world.
- Gin jenever) was invented by the Dutch and introduced to Brits.
- There are over 1,000 windmills still standing from 1850.
- Almost 80 % of the world’s flower bulbs come from the Netherlands.
- The Netherlands’ is the world’s second biggest beer exporter.
- The Netherlands is the home to more bikes than people.
- Cycling in the Netherlands is the safest in the world.
- Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport offers more direct flights than any airport in the world.
- More than 60% of the Netherlands are agriculture and horticulture.
- Home births are still cherished in the Netherlands.
- One – fifth of Dutch population is foreign.